1970s Aria Pro II EX750 Explorer-Style Electric Guitar



Overview: I don't know the exact year, but this guy is a late-'70s, Japanese, Matsumoku-made, korina-bodied (pretty sure), Explorer copycat made for the Aria Pro II brand. This model is extra-super-duper rare and, as far as I'm concerned, beats-out the concurrently-made Gibson Explorer reissues of the same period. It's on the lighter side for one of these at 8 1/2 pounds, too.


The neck is quick, it handles like an older Gibson, and it sounds tip-top. The owner has been hoarding this for a while and going back and forth about whether to keep it or not and I completely understand why. This one's too much fun...


Repairs included: Previously, I'd wired-up the newer pickups to the harness, set it up, and replaced a bum jack. This time around, Jacobi gave it a good level/dress of the frets and dialed-in the setup again and fit new strings. It's ready to go and playing spot-on.

  • Weight: 8 lbs 8 oz
  • Scale length: 24 3/4"
  • Nut width: 1 11/16"
  • Neck shape: medium C/D
  • Board radius: 10"
  • Depth at first fret: 0.83"
  • Depth at seventh fret: 0.88"
  • Body width: 16 1/2"
  • Body depth: 1 9/16"
  • Body wood: korina
  • Bridge: ABR-style
  • Fretboard: rosewooed
  • Neck wood: maple
  • Pickups: 2x humbucker (Arcane Triple Clone relic'd)
  • Action height at 12th fret: 1/16” overall (fast, spot-on)
  • String gauges: 46w-10
  • Truss rod: adjustable
  • Neck relief: straight
  • Fret style: medium-jumbo

Condition notes: The bridge is a Gibson ABR rather than original. The jack is newer. The pickups are newer Arcane humbuckers that I installed a bit ago. The Grover tuners are non-original as well and the original screwholes are below them (I can fill those if desired). It, otherwise, appears original. There are minor nicks and dings here and there at the body edges but it's suprisingly-clean and good-looking for its age.


It comes with: It has its original, brownish-red, fitted gigbag but it also has a hard case.


Consignor tag: KHAR





















Comments