2001 Warwick Corvette Electric Bass Guitar



Update: A fellow on Reverb schooled me (thanks!) and noted that this is a 2001 bass (not '90s) per its serial number and that the neck is ovangkol.


Overview: These Warwick basses were (and still are) super desirable in certain rawk and jam band communities. I've also had jazz cats come through who are into them as well. I notice your type when you stop by!


That said, this thing is built tough, built sturdy, and has a punchy, direct, accurate tone. It's got nice-looking wood throughout and all of the hardware is thoughtful and good-quality.


Repairs included: I cleaned it up, fixed a small chip-out near the neck pocket on top, and set it up. It's playing spot-on and ready to go.

  • Weight: 10 lbs 8 oz
  • Scale length: 34"
  • Nut width: 1 1/2"
  • Neck shape: medium C/D
  • Board radius: 20"
  • Depth at first fret: 0.82"
  • Depth at seventh fret: 0.93"
  • Body width: 12 1/8"
  • Body depth: 1 5/8"
  • Body wood: bubinga
  • Bridge: adjustable
  • Fretboard: wenge
  • Neck wood: ovangkol
  • Pickups: 2x J-style
  • Action height at 12th fret: 3/32" bass to 1/16" treble (fast, spot-on)
  • String gauges: 100w-45w or close to it
  • Truss rod: adjustable
  • Neck relief: straight
  • Fret style: jumbo/medium-height

Condition notes: It's in very good health. There is a small (non-worrying) hairline crack near the neck pocket (dryness, pictured) and a tiny chipout near the neck pocket on top of the bass which I glued back in and touched-up (also pictured). It appears original throughout. There are light signs of use -- small scratches, etc. -- throughout. The nut rises on two bolt gizmos for height adjustment but the two "tabs" that line the outside edges of the nut have long-since broken-off. The nut stays in position just fine without them. I did not level and dress the frets as they are almost unplayed.


It comes with: It has a good gigbag as I recall.


Consignor tag: LMER/JG






















Comments