2015 Taylor 214ce Deluxe Grand Auditorium Guitar
Overview: Over the years I've become a Taylor fan -- the more guitars I work on the more I appreciate a factory that can put out so many of them and have them remain stable and easy to work-on in-use. This 214ce is no exception and it has a gutsy, forward sound (rather like an OM) and a surprisngly-retro neck feel. The sunburst doesn't hurt, either!
Repairs included: I just gave it a quick cleaning and setup. It's playing spot-on.
- Weight: 4 lbs 13 oz
- Scale length: 25 1/2"
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Neck shape: medium soft V/oval
- Board radius: 14"
- Depth at first fret: 0.85"
- Depth at seventh fret: 0.87"
- Body width: 15 7/8"
- Body depth: 4 1/2"
- Top wood: solid spruce
- Back & sides wood: ply rosewood
- Bracing type: x
- Bridge: ebony
- Fretboard: ebony
- Neck wood: mahogany
- Action height at 12th fret: 3/32” bass 1/16” treble (fast, spot-on)
- String gauges: 54w-12 lights
- Truss rod: adjustable
- Neck relief: straight
- Fret style: medium
Condition notes: This guy is quite clean with minimal handling/usewear throughout. Unfortunately, there is a little ghosting/milking to the finish clearcoat on the bass side nearer the lower bout's widest part. The open-pore/semi-gloss finish on the back of the neck also has some texture to it, too, which I find nice (and it cuts down on that "summer stick" feeling) but I mention this in case someone is expecting a glassy surface back there.
It comes with: It's got a brown Taylor gigbag.
Consignor tag: MMST




















Comments