2026 Creston Electric Jazzmaster-Style Electric Guitar
Overview: Oh man, Creston is going to give me hell when he sees this guitar up for grabs! It's not mine, but a collective friend of ours just hasn't found his jam with it. Said fellow took ownership of the guitar early this year, however, so this is basically a new guitar. I have only found the slightest of pickwear/usewear at the pickguard and a couple of very tiny dings on the back (Ancel and I have taken to jokingly-calling these "microdents" of late) that are very easy to miss.
This is a killer guitar, by the way. If you like the Jazzmaster thing but also want to rawk a bit, this does it. The features are delicious -- it has a Lollar 1958 JM-style pickup in the neck which gives you a clean, clear, and warm sound. The bridge pickup is a Lollar Regal JM-shaped pickup which sounds and is built a lot like a Wide Range pickup. A push/pull on the tone knob activates a "both pickups in series, direct to jack" experience which is essentially a "passive boost" to hit your amp with. Yum!
The pickguard is some sort of very cool maroon acrylic and it has a blue-metallic nitro finish and Mastery (Creston-branded) bridge and tail. More yum! It has a torrefied alder body and a quartersawn, roasted maple neck with Indian rosewood fretboard.
Creston builds my favorite new electrics in Vermont and every time I see one I'm happy to have had the chance to pick on them a bit. It's odd to have one in that hasn't been played into its next phase of existence, but I suppose the next owner will be able to enjoy taking it for walks and hearing gossip in the park with it...
Repairs included: I... looked at it and confirmed that the setup was 100% perfect when it arrived. It's ready to roll!
- Weight: 8 lbs 2 oz
- Scale length: 25 1/2"
- Nut width: 1 21/32"
- Neck shape: medium C/soft V
- Board radius: 12"
- Depth at first fret: 0.84"
- Depth at seventh fret: 0.92"
- Body width: 13 5/8"
- Body depth: 1 5/8"
- Body wood: torrefied alder
- Bridge: Mastery
- Fretboard: Indian rosewood
- Neck wood: quartersawn roasted maple
- Pickups: 1x Lollar 1958 JM single coil, 1x Lollar Regal JM humbucker
- Action height at 12th fret: 1/16” overall (fast, spot-on)
- String gauges: 46w-10
- Truss rod: adjustable
- Neck relief: straight
- Fret style: medium-taller
Condition notes: It's essentially brand new. There are two of the tiniest dings/scratches on the back (one pictured, the other I couldn't get in the light right). There's the teensiest of fretwear but not enough to even touch (and we level/dress the frets on almost everything that comes in for sale).
It comes with: It has its original gigbag with a Creston logo on it.
Consignor tag: KCHV




















Comments
Man, it breaks my heart to sell this and I'm likely going to regret it...but I know it'll go to a great home and I'm certain that whoever gets it is going to love it!
Like you said, Jake, this is truly a "killer guitar" that plays like a dream and is visually stunning(that linen micarta pickguard...damn!), as is my other Creston Electric. Which isn't a surprise if you've ever been fortunate enough to play one of his guitars. Thanks, Jake & Crew, for taking good care of this while it awaits it's lucky new owner!....are visitation rights a thing?