1965 Harmony H950 Archtop Guitar


A local customer brought this in just to get the big cluster of cracks fixed at the lower bout. I told him I didn't want to do any of the work unless I could do all of the work because I know how these H950 models tend to be full of problems (especially when they look like this) and I don't like having my name associated with junkpile guitars if they've come in and out of the shop. My guys in the workshop thought I was being cruel so I digressed and took it in "to just do the cracks."

Crack repairs, seam repairs, a neckblock repair (oh, boy), neck reset, bridge modification, and setup later and it's now playing decently, though it definitely could use a level/dress of the frets. Note that someone filed-away the last two frets in an attempt to keep it going at some point. Yick.

Of course, I only charged him for the cracks...













Comments