1972 Guild Starfire V Hollowbody Electric Guitar w/Bigsby


I mean, have you ever handled a deep-body Starfire? This is my first one through the shop and I have to admit it's quite a winner. It was pretty funky before repairs, but now that the work's all done this thing plays like a champ and has the uber-cool aluminum Bigsby bridge as well as a factory Bigsby tailpiece. I love that!

I gave this a neck reset, level/dress of the frets, cleaning, and setup. Part of the reset involved adding a couple of hidden screws under the fretboard extension (hence two extra added pearl dots) to help the glue keep it tucked-down as time had curved that whole area up and it was a bear to get it back in-plane with the rest of the board during reset work.

This thing is way too cool, by the way -- sort-of like a rockabilly ES-175?












Comments