1996 Dobro Metal-Body Resonator Guitar
This '90s Dobro metal-body was in for a neck reset, level/dress of the frets, and setup work -- all of which I gave it. The owner was completely surprised by the quick, easy feel after the work and I hope that translates into him using it more-often as this thing sounds and plays like a treat.
I also love the look of that browny-yellow burst finish, too -- a look I'm very into from the old National Triolian models as well.
I like the funny interior notes scribbled on the cone by a previous repairman, too! My own technique for locking-in the cone orientation is to wick some glue at the biscuit to keep it in place and then use aluminum tape at the edges of the cone to keep it from rotating or moving when tension is not on it. Note the neat saddle that someone made for it -- which just needed a little compensation and adjustment.














Comments