2001 Godin A4 Fretless Acoustic/Electric Bass Guitar

Overview: This thing sounds the biz! With its acoustic-style, solid cedar top and piezo pickup, this is essentially a fretless electric bass in format that sounds like an acoustic fretless. It's got the mwah all day long. I've played the fretted version of these and I liked them but I like this fretless one a whole lot more just because it's got a little something extra.


The neck on this is also very nice. It's got a bit of a soft-V rear profile and a flatter board radius so it's a bit like a mixup of a '60s Fender feel merged with a '50s Martin acoustic feel. I like. It's also got some figured maple that glows a bit in back...


Repairs included: I gave it a mild cleaning and a good setup. It's playing spot-on and is ready to serve. Someone before me fit a bone saddle and it's working well with the pickup. 

  • Weight: 8 lbs 5 oz
  • Scale length: 34"
  • Nut width: 1 9/16"
  • Neck shape: medium soft-V
  • Board radius: 12"
  • Depth at first fret: 0.81"
  • Depth at seventh fret: 0.93"
  • Body width: 14 3/4"
  • Body depth: 2 1/4"
  • Body wood: solid cedar top, chambered maple body
  • Bridge: rosewood
  • Fretboard: ebony
  • Neck wood: maple w/light figure
  • Pickups: piezo undersaddle acoustic
  • Action height at 12th fret: 3/32” bass to 1/16” treble (fast, spot-on)
  • String gauges: 100w-45w or similar flatwound
  • Truss rod: adjustable
  • Neck relief: straight
  • Fret style: none

Condition notes: It's all-original save maybe the straplock-style strap buttons and a replacement, bone saddle. There's a little bit of "belly" around the bridge and the bridge looks like it was reglued at some point. The finish is, overall, in good order -- but it does show light wear, scratches, scuffs, etc. throughout.


It comes with: It's got a gigbag.


Consignor tag: LCL

















Comments