2002 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40w 1x12" Tube Amp

I had a 1996 one of of these in last year and this one sounds pretty-much exactly the same as that guy, so I'm including the demo video I did for that other amp below:

That said, this amp is in primo shape -- it's very clean, has its cover, has its footswitch, and has been recently serviced by a pro and its ready to go. That info will be included with the amp.

I bought this from a local customer and would prefer to sell it locally, but I can ship it as well.

I think these amps sound best in the clean channel and the long spring reverb is lovely to have. It's a very, very classic Fender sound. Volume-wise these are perfect for modern gigging musicians playing mid-volume/small club/mic'd bigger shows but they'll probably be a bit too loud for most folks in the house.

The drive channel has two settings -- drive and more drive -- and it has a more wiry, somewhat more modern, fuzzy, hairy sound to it. It's definitely more '60s and less '50s tweed -- but that's expected from the look of it, eh?

I'm almost tempted to keep it for recording purposes (who doesn't need a clean Fender sound with spring 'verb?) but I have too many amps right now.












Comments